RENTED — NOT AVAILABLE — 41 South Chestnut St — Apt B (3 bedrooms + great location)
Great location! 2 blocks to SUNY, Bacchus & Main St.
Thank you for looking. The apartment has been rented. Best of luck!
On-site parking, air conditioning, renovated kitchen, laundry in building. Nice apartment!
- Available: Jan 1, 2021
- $x,xxx / month (= $xxx/mo per bedroom) + electric.
- Flexible duration: Lease can end May 30 or Dec 30 (or May 30, 2022)
- NO BROKER FEES.
- NO SMOKING (even outside).
- On-site parking
- Laundry in building
- Tenant responsible for snow and ice removal
- Nice, clean, responsible and considerate people only (our terrific tenants are graduating)
- Cat5/6 wiring between all bedrooms + the internet router, for super-fast video game play
- Street lights & sidewalks to Main Street (get home safely at night!)
This apartment is on two levels — an entrance and large kitchen on the upper floor, with stairs leading down to the lower floor bedrooms, bathroom, living room, and second entrance via the walkout basement (to parking spaces off Mohonk Ave.) — study, cook & hang-out upstairs without disturbing your roommates downstairs.
- Very close to campus & Main Street — no taxis or long walks in bad weather
2 blocks from New Paltz campus + Bacchus / Main St.
** PLEASE Do Not Trespass or Enter the Property or Disturb the Tenants **
- NO cigarettes, cigars or other tobacco smoking (even outside).
- One month security deposit + 1st month’s rent due at signing.
- Good credit — many students don’t have a job or strong credit history, so a lease co-signer (guarantor) is okay too.
- There is a $50 credit & criminal background check fee — LANDLORD WILL REFUND 100% of this to the person who ends-up renting the apartment.
- Apartment includes newer stove, refrigerator, air conditioning and large kitchen table
- Tenant pays HVAC, using new (2018) Mitsubishi Hyper-Heat™ premium high efficiency heat pumps (air conditioning + heating). Very inexpensive to run (this is NOT “electric heat” — scroll down to the “HVAC” section learn more).
- This is NOT a party house. Enjoy your apartment, but please keep it clean and reasonably quiet (not silent, but be respectful of your neighbors).
- Visible building and parking lot on an active street
- Easy 2 to 3 minute walk to Main Street (no drinking & driving risk)
- Deadbolt door lock
- Sidewalks, street lights and crosswalks (to campus & main street)
- Two fire hydrants right near building — across S. Chestnut (pictured below) and at corner of other driveway, on Mohonk Ave.
- Intersection of South Chestnut St. and Mohonk Ave updated for safety. Old one pictured above. New one pictured below, from vantage point of the fire hydrant:
Layout (apt is on TWO floors):
And below is the rest of the apartment:
zoomed-in (measurements are approximate):
Bedroom #3 below (sorry for construction mess in photos)
Bedroom #2 below → smaller (7'10" x 10'3" not including the large closet). Easily fits full bed. Queen fits, but it’s tight.
HUGE Bedroom #1 below (15'10" x 12'2")
HVAC — Heating & Air Conditioning
As part of the 2018 renovation, expensive & dirty central oil heat was replaced with brand new Mitsubishi Hyper-Heat™ premium high efficiency heat pumps (air conditioning + heating).
** This is energy-efficient technology — NOT “electric heat” or “electric baseboard.”
Tenant pays own (inexpensive) HVAC costs, customized to the temperature and humidity you find comfortable.
Here’s a video on how heat pumps work:
Another video, showing the Mitsubishi Hyper-Heat unit in this apartment:
- “Heat pumps could help address climate change and save you money. Here’s how they work.” by MIT Tech Review (2023)
- Dept. of Energy heat pump info page: https://www.energy.gov/energysaver/heat-pump-systems/ductless-mini-split-heat-pumps
- Green Building Advisor article: https://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/article/how-to-buy-a-ductless-minisplit
Concerned about it getting too cold outside? These worked perfectly during winter 2018–19, when temperatures were below -5° several days in a row.
- Comes with remote controls (see picture below).
- Can be scheduled so it’s not wasting energy when you’re asleep or not around.
HVAC design & installation by RYCOR (owner is Scott Arnold — here’s my glowing review on Google).
Renter’s Insurance Is Required
To protect yourself and your belongings, renters should consider purchasing renters insurance, also known as “tenants insurance”
~ New York State Dept. of Financial Services (more info)
“6 Good Reasons to Get Renter’s Insurance” ~InvestopediaChoose Your Roommates Carefully
NY Times: “If My Roommate Stops Paying Rent, Am I on the Hook for It?” (Yes)
Landlord is an Equal Opportunity Housing Provider and fully supports the principles of the Fair Housing Act and the Equal Opportunity Act.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability or familial status.
Apply at ???
Landlord will reimburse $25 credit check fee for tenant.
Questions? call/text two-zero-1–320–32-zero-8